Thursday, February 14, 2008

Senseless News channels

These TV news channels are really making me angry everyday.
They are so much haunted by their TRP greed that they don't even remember the basics of ethical journalism!

I remember the my first day in Mumbai and the heavy rain and waterlogged roads welcomed us. We finally reached my guesthouse. The roads became safe to travel after 2-3 hours when my parents left. I was watching the channels for information and was getting worried about my parents. Channels were showing the same roads to be totally waterlogged by which my parents were travelling and when I communicated with them, I perceived that the road was safe and was open for vehicles from 1 hour. Later I saw the news in the evening, I came to know that they were showing the same photos in the evening also!
Now ..how can one rely this 'fastest' news source !

Same thing we see in any emergency situation, may that be the yesterdays riots.

They have lot of time to spend hours on discussion of cricket where the so called experts give 'Pravachan' for hours for a 5-6 hour game!
Also the news readers cant even read the news fluently, because they dont have any preparation for the same( after all they are running their channels for 24 hours! )

Really these channels are disgusting. I still feel that the half an hour news on DD are the Best!

No comments:


Blogger Tempates by Isnaini Dot Com